J&K highway reopened for stranded vehicles
Srinagar: Stranded vehicles on the Jammu-Srinagar national highway were on Tuesday allowed to proceed
towards the summer capital after the vital road link was
cleared for traffic.
Kashmir`s only road link with rest of the country was
cleared after hectic efforts by the authorities, an official
at the Traffic Control Room said.
He said only those vehicles which were stranded on the
national highway over the last few days were allowed to move
and no further traffic was allowed.
The highway was reopened yesterday for one-way vehicular
traffic after four days of closure due to heavy snowfall.
Meanwhile, heavy snowfall in parts of Kashmir Valley,
particularly in South Kashmir where the crucial Jawahar Tunnel
is located, affected normal life as electricity supply was
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India