J&K highway reopened for traffic
Jammu: The 300-km-long Jammu-Srinagar National Highway, which was blocked in Ramban district due to a landslide triggered by heavy rains, was reopened for traffic today.
The landslide was removed and the highway was reopened for traffic, police said.
The landslide was triggered by heavy rains at Seeri in Ramban district resulting in the blockade of the highway last evening.
Due to the landslide, over 200 vehicles got stranded at various places en-route, he said, adding, all vehicles have been allowed to move to their destination.
The highway was cleared by the men and machines of the Border Roads Organisation .
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires