J&K highway reopened for traffic
Jammu: The 300-km-long Jammu-Srinagar National Highway, which was blocked in Ramban district due to a landslide triggered by heavy rains, was reopened for traffic today.
The landslide was removed and the highway was reopened for traffic, police said.
The landslide was triggered by heavy rains at Seeri in Ramban district resulting in the blockade of the highway last evening.
Due to the landslide, over 200 vehicles got stranded at various places en-route, he said, adding, all vehicles have been allowed to move to their destination.
The highway was cleared by the men and machines of the Border Roads Organisation .
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IMF expresses confidence in Christine Lagarde as French court orders trial
- Petition in Pak court seeks registration of FIR against PM Modi
- HC junks Vodafone plea against IT demand of over Rs 7.5 crore
- Maruti Vitara Brezza receives over 1 lakh bookings
- Boman Irani was 'professional' with son Kayoze on '...Michael Mishra' set