J&K highway reopens for one-way traffic
Jammu: The 300-km-long Jammu-Srinagar national highway, the only surface link between Kashmir and the rest of India on Sunday reopened for one-way vehicular traffic from Jammu to Srinagar.
"The highway has been reopened for vehicular traffic. One way traffic from Jammu to Kashmir has been allowed today," police said.
First, all vehicles stranded at various places on the highway were cleared, they said.
Later, movement of vehicles, including those carrying passengers and essentials, was allowed from Jammu to Kashmir.
However, no vehicle was allowed from Srinagar to Jammu, police said.
Heavy snowfall yesterday had cut off Kashmir Valley from rest of the country.
Accumulation of snow on either side of the Jawahar Tunnel had led to closure of the Jammu-Srinagar national highway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites