J&K highway reopens for one-way traffic
Jammu: The 300-km-long Jammu-Srinagar national highway, the only surface link between Kashmir and the rest of India on Sunday reopened for one-way vehicular traffic from Jammu to Srinagar.
"The highway has been reopened for vehicular traffic. One way traffic from Jammu to Kashmir has been allowed today," police said.
First, all vehicles stranded at various places on the highway were cleared, they said.
Later, movement of vehicles, including those carrying passengers and essentials, was allowed from Jammu to Kashmir.
However, no vehicle was allowed from Srinagar to Jammu, police said.
Heavy snowfall yesterday had cut off Kashmir Valley from rest of the country.
Accumulation of snow on either side of the Jawahar Tunnel had led to closure of the Jammu-Srinagar national highway.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'