J&K highway reopens for two-way traffic from Thursday
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir National Highway will reopen for two-way traffic from Thursday.
According to the Inspector General of Police (Traffic), all types of vehicles will be allowed to ply both ways on the highway connecting Jammu with Srinagar every day from tomorrow in view of improved weather conditions and better road.
However, keeping in view the ongoing work on the highway, the commuters have been asked to follow some advisories to avoid any inconvenience.
Passengers and commuters have been advised to cross Traffic Check Post (TCP) at Nagrota up to 9 AM (when plying from Jammu side) and at Qazigund up to 10 AM (when plying from Srinagar) on daily basis in order to avoid jamming and correlated inconvenience.
Besides, all types of vehicles have been advised to avoid crossing the stretch between Ramban and Ramsoo after sunset to avoid accidents as the road is still difficult, narrow and prone to shooting vehicles, the police officer said.
In case of bad weather and shooting stones, passenger vehicles have been advised to avoid trip and cross the landslide and shooting stone prone areas to avoid any eventuality.
They shall get updates regarding road condition etc. From the concerned traffic police officials.
All concerned have been asked to observe utmost driving discipline and avoid overloading, over-speeding and rash driving on the National Highway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand