J&K intellectuals blame Centre, state govt for crisis
Jammu: Members of the civil society and
intellectuals in Jammu and Kashmir today blamed both the
Centre and the state government for the present crisis in the
Valley saying that the situation would have been different if
the latter had acted on time.
"The present crisis is the offshoot of irresponsible
approach of UPA government and immature and childish attitude
of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah. The situation would have been
different if the Centre had acted on time but still it is not
too late," senior J&K High Court advocate Sheikh Shakeel Ahmed
said at a seminar here today.
Speakers at the day-long seminar on the present turmoil
in Kashmir organized by Jammu Kashmir People`s Forum accused
the MLAs and Ministers of failing to discharge their
They, however, suggested inter-regional dialogue among
the civil societies of Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh, to restore
peace and normalcy in the region.
The seminar was attended by the representatives of
political, social and religious groups besides renowned
scholars, intellectuals and lawyers.
Charging elected representatives of the people with
failure in discharging their constitutional duties, Ahmed
alleged not even a single MLA had visited his respective
constituency since the crisis began in the Valley.
He said it was unfortunate that the "real"
representatives of the people had never reached the State
Former DGP M M Khajuria also criticized the Omar Abdullah
government saying the coalition government doesn`t have an
JKPF convenor Ramesh Sabbharwal said Omar Abdullah`s
"immaturity" had been responsible for the crisis in the
Shri Amarnath Yatra Sangharsh Samiti (SAYSS), convenor,
Brigadier (retd) Suchet Singh, former SAYSS convenor
Leela Karan Sharma, VHP state president Ramakant Dubey,
BJP state spokesperson, Ramesh Arora, social activists and
intellectuals also participated in the seminar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune