`J&K interlocutor report will mean disaster`
New Delhi: Janata Party President Subramanian Swamy on Thursday said the interlocutors report on Jammu and Kashmir has several prescriptions that mean a disaster for national unity.
"There is nothing to discuss for the government to discuss in this report since it prescribes weakening and deleting any provisions in the Indian Constitution that strengthens national unity and proposing that would set Balkanisation of India," he said in a statement.
Contending that there is no such thing as "special status" for Jammu and Kashmir, Swamy said the interlocutors is for "mischief and thus should be thrown into waste paper basket."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar