`J&K interlocutor report will mean disaster`
New Delhi: Janata Party President Subramanian Swamy on Thursday said the interlocutors report on Jammu and Kashmir has several prescriptions that mean a disaster for national unity.
"There is nothing to discuss for the government to discuss in this report since it prescribes weakening and deleting any provisions in the Indian Constitution that strengthens national unity and proposing that would set Balkanisation of India," he said in a statement.
Contending that there is no such thing as "special status" for Jammu and Kashmir, Swamy said the interlocutors is for "mischief and thus should be thrown into waste paper basket."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan