J&K lawmakers praise airport security staff
Srinagar: With over 25 flights and over 7,000 passengers being handled on an average per day, officials of the Srinagar airport, especially team led by Superintendent of Police Abdul Rashid, has come for a special praise by lawmakers in Jammu and Kashmir.
During a recent privilege motion being moved against the security division of the Jammu and Kashmir police for failure to provide vehicles, the facilities and cooperation being provided by the Airport police was appreciated.
"There has been considerable improvement in facilities provided to the legislators and general public at the Srinagar airport," Member of Legislative Council Ravinder Sharma told a news agency.
Sharma had informed the Legislative Council secretariat that he was not provided security vehicle at the airport sometime back.
"I had not moved a privilege motion but only informed the secretariat about lack of coordination between various wings responsible for providing the vehicle. However, it was later treated as privilege motion," Sharma said.
While the privilege motion was dropped against the security wing after an assurance given by Additional Director General of Police V K Singh that such an incident will not happen in future, members appreciated Rashid saying that the staff of the anti-hijacking squad are very cooperative.
There was some communication gap on the day of incident which had resulted in the security vehicle not being available at the airport, Sharma said.
CPI(M) MLA Mohammad Yousuf Tarigami also praised the security staff at the airport saying they are doing their best in view of the increasing passenger rush at the airport.
At present the Sheikh-ul-Alam Airport in Srinagar handles 7,000 passengers per day with 25 carriers flying every day. This includes two Haj flights these days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head