J&K legislative council adjourned sine die
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Legislative
Council was today adjourned sine die after a 12-day session
which was marred by opposition Peoples` Democratic Party
Deputy Chairman of the Council S Arvinder Singh Micky
adjourned the House sine-die after all business listed for the
day was completed.
Giving details of the business transacted during the
session, Micky said 148 questions including 102 starred and 46
un-starred were taken up in the Council during the session.
Six resolutions, eight calling attention notices,
three private members Bills were introduced and three
Legislative Assembly Private Members Bills taken up during
103rd session of the Council, he added.
The Deputy Chairman said 12 Government Bills were also
taken up besides a discussion under rule 60-A and half an hour
discussion were also held in the listed business of
Legislative Council during this session.
Earlier, Participating in the Motion of Thanks,
Minister for Medical Education R S Chib said many public
centric issues were deliberated upon in the Legislative
Council which felt the absence of the opposition Members.
By staying away, he said the opposition Members have
shown "irresponsibility" besides causing loss to the people
whom they represented in the Upper House of the State
The Minister said Chief Minister Omar Abdullah himself
replied questions raised by the members during the entire
"At the end of the session, all of us have gained a
lot as public issues were discussed and their urgent demands
brought to the notice of the government," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP