J&K legislative council adjourned sine die
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Legislative
Council was today adjourned sine die after a 12-day session
which was marred by opposition Peoples` Democratic Party
Deputy Chairman of the Council S Arvinder Singh Micky
adjourned the House sine-die after all business listed for the
day was completed.
Giving details of the business transacted during the
session, Micky said 148 questions including 102 starred and 46
un-starred were taken up in the Council during the session.
Six resolutions, eight calling attention notices,
three private members Bills were introduced and three
Legislative Assembly Private Members Bills taken up during
103rd session of the Council, he added.
The Deputy Chairman said 12 Government Bills were also
taken up besides a discussion under rule 60-A and half an hour
discussion were also held in the listed business of
Legislative Council during this session.
Earlier, Participating in the Motion of Thanks,
Minister for Medical Education R S Chib said many public
centric issues were deliberated upon in the Legislative
Council which felt the absence of the opposition Members.
By staying away, he said the opposition Members have
shown "irresponsibility" besides causing loss to the people
whom they represented in the Upper House of the State
The Minister said Chief Minister Omar Abdullah himself
replied questions raised by the members during the entire
"At the end of the session, all of us have gained a
lot as public issues were discussed and their urgent demands
brought to the notice of the government," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets