J&K Legislative Council panel summons Gen VK Singh on Jan 9
Jammu: The Privileges Committee of Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Council on Monday decided to ask former Army Chief General VK Singh to appear in person before it on January 9 to explain his position on allegations that politicians in the state were paid by the Army.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the Committee which met here under the chairmanship of Jugal Kishore Sharma of Congress to decide on the privilege motion pending against former the Army Chief in the House.
The Privilege motion against Gen Singh was moved by MLCs Ajay Sadhotra, Devender Singh Rana and Khalid Najeeb Suhrawardy in the last session of the Council taking cognisance of his allegations during a TV interview in which he had claimed that Army was paying money to politicians in Jammu and Kashmir.
Today`s meeting was also attended by Legislative Council members Devender Singh Rana, Ravinder Kumar Sharma, Ghulam Nabi Monga, Ali Mohammad Dar and Showkat Hussain Ganai besides State Law department Secretary Mohammad Ashraf Mir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'