J&K: Magisterial probe in undertrial`s death
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Friday
ordered a magisterial probe into the death of an undertrial in
the Joint Interrogation Centre in Jammu and suspended two
policemen in this connection.
"We have ordered a magisterial probe into the suicide of
undertrial in the JIC," Jammu District Development
Commissioner Sanjeev Verma said today.
Assistant Commissioner Revenue A Singh will conduct the
probe into the case and will submit the report to the
government, he said.
Police has also suspended two policemen - Kuldeep Singh
and Qadir Hussain in connection with the case.
Surfu Ram, an alleged smuggler, who was brought to JIC for
interrogation in connection with a case of unlawful activity
on August 12, allegedly hanged himself from a window of a
lockup at JIC at Miran Sahib area of Jammu district yesterday,
Superintendent of Police (SP), CID, CI, Joginder Singh said.
He was immediately rushed to a hospital, where doctors
declared him brought dead.
After post mortem, the body was handed over to his family,
who refused to cremate it.
Preetu Devi, victim`s wife, Anjel, his daughter, alleged a
foul play in the case and said that Sarju was murdered.
They said that the victim had taken names of several
However, the police forcibly took the body to his home
town in Khour and said that it will be cremated today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Huge controversy breaks out as Mangaluru college bans hijab, beard; protests on
- The journey has just begun! Sachin Tendulkar lauds Rio winners, predicts greater acheivements
- Turkish warplanes, artillery hit targets in north Syria: Sources
- Luxury car makers Mercedes, Audi, JLR rush to bring in petrol variants
- Special education programme for disabled in Delhi govt schools