J&K: Magisterial probe in undertrial`s death
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Friday
ordered a magisterial probe into the death of an undertrial in
the Joint Interrogation Centre in Jammu and suspended two
policemen in this connection.
"We have ordered a magisterial probe into the suicide of
undertrial in the JIC," Jammu District Development
Commissioner Sanjeev Verma said today.
Assistant Commissioner Revenue A Singh will conduct the
probe into the case and will submit the report to the
government, he said.
Police has also suspended two policemen - Kuldeep Singh
and Qadir Hussain in connection with the case.
Surfu Ram, an alleged smuggler, who was brought to JIC for
interrogation in connection with a case of unlawful activity
on August 12, allegedly hanged himself from a window of a
lockup at JIC at Miran Sahib area of Jammu district yesterday,
Superintendent of Police (SP), CID, CI, Joginder Singh said.
He was immediately rushed to a hospital, where doctors
declared him brought dead.
After post mortem, the body was handed over to his family,
who refused to cremate it.
Preetu Devi, victim`s wife, Anjel, his daughter, alleged a
foul play in the case and said that Sarju was murdered.
They said that the victim had taken names of several
However, the police forcibly took the body to his home
town in Khour and said that it will be cremated today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users