J&K: Magisterial probe in undertrial`s death
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Friday
ordered a magisterial probe into the death of an undertrial in
the Joint Interrogation Centre in Jammu and suspended two
policemen in this connection.
"We have ordered a magisterial probe into the suicide of
undertrial in the JIC," Jammu District Development
Commissioner Sanjeev Verma said today.
Assistant Commissioner Revenue A Singh will conduct the
probe into the case and will submit the report to the
government, he said.
Police has also suspended two policemen - Kuldeep Singh
and Qadir Hussain in connection with the case.
Surfu Ram, an alleged smuggler, who was brought to JIC for
interrogation in connection with a case of unlawful activity
on August 12, allegedly hanged himself from a window of a
lockup at JIC at Miran Sahib area of Jammu district yesterday,
Superintendent of Police (SP), CID, CI, Joginder Singh said.
He was immediately rushed to a hospital, where doctors
declared him brought dead.
After post mortem, the body was handed over to his family,
who refused to cremate it.
Preetu Devi, victim`s wife, Anjel, his daughter, alleged a
foul play in the case and said that Sarju was murdered.
They said that the victim had taken names of several
However, the police forcibly took the body to his home
town in Khour and said that it will be cremated today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Delhi Assembly passes resolution against MHA notification: As it happened