J&K: Magisterial probe in undertrial`s death
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Friday
ordered a magisterial probe into the death of an undertrial in
the Joint Interrogation Centre in Jammu and suspended two
policemen in this connection.
"We have ordered a magisterial probe into the suicide of
undertrial in the JIC," Jammu District Development
Commissioner Sanjeev Verma said today.
Assistant Commissioner Revenue A Singh will conduct the
probe into the case and will submit the report to the
government, he said.
Police has also suspended two policemen - Kuldeep Singh
and Qadir Hussain in connection with the case.
Surfu Ram, an alleged smuggler, who was brought to JIC for
interrogation in connection with a case of unlawful activity
on August 12, allegedly hanged himself from a window of a
lockup at JIC at Miran Sahib area of Jammu district yesterday,
Superintendent of Police (SP), CID, CI, Joginder Singh said.
He was immediately rushed to a hospital, where doctors
declared him brought dead.
After post mortem, the body was handed over to his family,
who refused to cremate it.
Preetu Devi, victim`s wife, Anjel, his daughter, alleged a
foul play in the case and said that Sarju was murdered.
They said that the victim had taken names of several
However, the police forcibly took the body to his home
town in Khour and said that it will be cremated today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen