J&K: Magisterial probe ordered into child`s death
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Wednesday ordered a Magisterial probe into the death of a girl child in a hospital in the city on December 12.
"A Magisterial inquiry has been ordered into the death of an infant in SMGS hospital," Health and Medical Education minister R S Chib told reporters here.
The girl was admitted to SMGS hospital on December eight after a corn seed stuck in her throat.
The one-and-a-half-year-old girl from Dessa belt in Doda district died at the hospital on December 12 triggering protests by family members and relatives.
They alleged that negligence on part of doctors was responsible for the death of the child.
To conduct free and fair probe, the Minister directed the removal of the head of the ENT department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand