J&K: Magisterial probe ordered into child`s death
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Wednesday ordered a Magisterial probe into the death of a girl child in a hospital in the city on December 12.
"A Magisterial inquiry has been ordered into the death of an infant in SMGS hospital," Health and Medical Education minister R S Chib told reporters here.
The girl was admitted to SMGS hospital on December eight after a corn seed stuck in her throat.
The one-and-a-half-year-old girl from Dessa belt in Doda district died at the hospital on December 12 triggering protests by family members and relatives.
They alleged that negligence on part of doctors was responsible for the death of the child.
To conduct free and fair probe, the Minister directed the removal of the head of the ENT department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid