J&K: Magisterial probe ordered into child`s death
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Wednesday ordered a Magisterial probe into the death of a girl child in a hospital in the city on December 12.
"A Magisterial inquiry has been ordered into the death of an infant in SMGS hospital," Health and Medical Education minister R S Chib told reporters here.
The girl was admitted to SMGS hospital on December eight after a corn seed stuck in her throat.
The one-and-a-half-year-old girl from Dessa belt in Doda district died at the hospital on December 12 triggering protests by family members and relatives.
They alleged that negligence on part of doctors was responsible for the death of the child.
To conduct free and fair probe, the Minister directed the removal of the head of the ENT department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- 1st Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...
- ALARMING: Terrorist captured alive by security forces in Kashmir is a Pakistani from Lahore
- Sensex stages strong comeback, climbs 144 points in early trade
- US reaffirms cooperation with India in fight against terrorism
- Watch: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra’s desi swag will make you go crazy!