J&K: Magisterial probe ordered into child`s death
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Wednesday ordered a Magisterial probe into the death of a girl child in a hospital in the city on December 12.
"A Magisterial inquiry has been ordered into the death of an infant in SMGS hospital," Health and Medical Education minister R S Chib told reporters here.
The girl was admitted to SMGS hospital on December eight after a corn seed stuck in her throat.
The one-and-a-half-year-old girl from Dessa belt in Doda district died at the hospital on December 12 triggering protests by family members and relatives.
They alleged that negligence on part of doctors was responsible for the death of the child.
To conduct free and fair probe, the Minister directed the removal of the head of the ENT department.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed