J&K: Magisterial probe ordered into child`s death
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Wednesday ordered a Magisterial probe into the death of a girl child in a hospital in the city on December 12.
"A Magisterial inquiry has been ordered into the death of an infant in SMGS hospital," Health and Medical Education minister R S Chib told reporters here.
The girl was admitted to SMGS hospital on December eight after a corn seed stuck in her throat.
The one-and-a-half-year-old girl from Dessa belt in Doda district died at the hospital on December 12 triggering protests by family members and relatives.
They alleged that negligence on part of doctors was responsible for the death of the child.
To conduct free and fair probe, the Minister directed the removal of the head of the ENT department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report