J&K: Militant hideout busted, arms recovered
Srinagar: Security forces on Monday busted a militant hideout in north Kashmir’s Kupwara district, recovering a huge cache of arms and ammunition including 11 rifles.
Acting on specific information, police along with 21 Rashtriya Rifles conducted a search operation in the forest area of Darashpora in Handwara, a police spokesman said.
During the search of the forest area, a militant hideout was busted leading to the recovery of 10 AK 56 rifles, an AK 47 rifle, a Pika gun, 12 RPG rounds, 12 Chinese grenades, 447 AK 47 rounds, 40 Pika rounds and 5 AK 47 magazines, he said.
However, no one was arrested during the operation, the spokesman said adding, a case has been registered and investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj