J&K: Militant hideout busted, arms recovered
Srinagar: Security forces on Monday busted a militant hideout in north Kashmir’s Kupwara district, recovering a huge cache of arms and ammunition including 11 rifles.
Acting on specific information, police along with 21 Rashtriya Rifles conducted a search operation in the forest area of Darashpora in Handwara, a police spokesman said.
During the search of the forest area, a militant hideout was busted leading to the recovery of 10 AK 56 rifles, an AK 47 rifle, a Pika gun, 12 RPG rounds, 12 Chinese grenades, 447 AK 47 rounds, 40 Pika rounds and 5 AK 47 magazines, he said.
However, no one was arrested during the operation, the spokesman said adding, a case has been registered and investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range