J&K: Militant hideout busted, arms recovered
Srinagar: Security forces on Monday busted a militant hideout in north Kashmir’s Kupwara district, recovering a huge cache of arms and ammunition including 11 rifles.
Acting on specific information, police along with 21 Rashtriya Rifles conducted a search operation in the forest area of Darashpora in Handwara, a police spokesman said.
During the search of the forest area, a militant hideout was busted leading to the recovery of 10 AK 56 rifles, an AK 47 rifle, a Pika gun, 12 RPG rounds, 12 Chinese grenades, 447 AK 47 rounds, 40 Pika rounds and 5 AK 47 magazines, he said.
However, no one was arrested during the operation, the spokesman said adding, a case has been registered and investigations were on.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan