J&K: Militant hideout busted, arms recovered
Srinagar: Security forces on Monday busted a militant hideout in north Kashmir’s Kupwara district, recovering a huge cache of arms and ammunition including 11 rifles.
Acting on specific information, police along with 21 Rashtriya Rifles conducted a search operation in the forest area of Darashpora in Handwara, a police spokesman said.
During the search of the forest area, a militant hideout was busted leading to the recovery of 10 AK 56 rifles, an AK 47 rifle, a Pika gun, 12 RPG rounds, 12 Chinese grenades, 447 AK 47 rounds, 40 Pika rounds and 5 AK 47 magazines, he said.
However, no one was arrested during the operation, the spokesman said adding, a case has been registered and investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next