J&K: Militant killed in encounter in Ganderbal
Srinagar: An unidentified militant was killed in an encounter with security forces in Ganderbal district of Kashmir Valley, a police spokesman said here on Saturday.
Police and army launched a joint operation at
Khetimarg in Wangath area of Kangan town, 65 kms from here,
late last evening following information about presence of a
As the security forces began searches in the area, a
militant opened fire on them. The exchange of firing between
the two sides ended in the killing of the lone militant hiding
in the area.
An AK 47 rifle and some ammunition were recovered from
the slain militant.
Police said they were ascertaining the identity and
group affiliation of the militant but it seemed that he
belonged to Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi