J&K: Militant killed in encounter in Ganderbal
Srinagar: An unidentified militant was killed in an encounter with security forces in Ganderbal district of Kashmir Valley, a police spokesman said here on Saturday.
Police and army launched a joint operation at
Khetimarg in Wangath area of Kangan town, 65 kms from here,
late last evening following information about presence of a
As the security forces began searches in the area, a
militant opened fire on them. The exchange of firing between
the two sides ended in the killing of the lone militant hiding
in the area.
An AK 47 rifle and some ammunition were recovered from
the slain militant.
Police said they were ascertaining the identity and
group affiliation of the militant but it seemed that he
belonged to Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Fernando Alonso praises McLaren as Honda introduce engine upgrades
- Want to get rid of nail biting habit? Try these ways!
- ''Russia pondering alternative games for banned paralympians''
- Mercury's peculiar surface a mystery no more; NASA scientists solve the puzzle!
- Turkey sends more tanks to Syria, warns Kurdish militia