J&K: Militants decamp with service rifles of cops
Srinagar: Suspected Lashkar-e-Toiba militants disarmed two policemen guarding a minority village in Tral area of Pulwama district and decamped with four service rifles of the cops, official sources said on Friday.
Five to six militants descended on the minority protection picket at Arigam in Tral area, 35 kms from here, at around 10.30 pm last night, the sources said.
They said the ultras overpowered the two cops present inside the picket and snatched three SLR rifles and one INSAS rifle along with eight magazines and one radio set from them before fleeing from the place.
The sources said four policemen were posted on duty at the picket but only two were present at the time of the incident.
An alert has been sounded across the South Kashmir range and an operation has been launched to trace the militants, the sources said, adding fresh deployment has been carried out at the Sikh village for the protection of the inhabitants.
This is second incident of weapon snatching in South Kashmir this month.
On May 4, militants had decamped with service rifles of four cops posted on guard duty at a village inhabited by Kashmiri Pandits in Shopian district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you