J&K: Militants fire at man as he comes out of mosque
Srinagar: Militants shot at and injured a man in Shopian district of south Kashmir while he was coming out of a mosque after offering night prayers, police said on Saturday.
"Militants fired upon Muhammad Rafi Malla at Pahalpora in Shopian when he was coming out of the mosque after Isha (night) prayers last night," a police spokesman said.
He said Malla was injured in the firing and taken to SMHS hospital here for treatment.
The spokesman said police registered a case and started investigations into the incident.
"During investigation, the identity of the militants who carried out the attack has been established as Inam-ul-Haq Malla alias Waseem and Irshad Ahmad Sheikh," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill