J&K: Militants fire at man as he comes out of mosque
Srinagar: Militants shot at and injured a man in Shopian district of south Kashmir while he was coming out of a mosque after offering night prayers, police said on Saturday.
"Militants fired upon Muhammad Rafi Malla at Pahalpora in Shopian when he was coming out of the mosque after Isha (night) prayers last night," a police spokesman said.
He said Malla was injured in the firing and taken to SMHS hospital here for treatment.
The spokesman said police registered a case and started investigations into the incident.
"During investigation, the identity of the militants who carried out the attack has been established as Inam-ul-Haq Malla alias Waseem and Irshad Ahmad Sheikh," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez