J&K: Militants fire at man as he comes out of mosque
Srinagar: Militants shot at and injured a man in Shopian district of south Kashmir while he was coming out of a mosque after offering night prayers, police said on Saturday.
"Militants fired upon Muhammad Rafi Malla at Pahalpora in Shopian when he was coming out of the mosque after Isha (night) prayers last night," a police spokesman said.
He said Malla was injured in the firing and taken to SMHS hospital here for treatment.
The spokesman said police registered a case and started investigations into the incident.
"During investigation, the identity of the militants who carried out the attack has been established as Inam-ul-Haq Malla alias Waseem and Irshad Ahmad Sheikh," he added.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Delhi Police recovers precious dagger stolen from Nehru Museum, arrests 2
- When Subramanian Swamy provoked Congress leaders with 'Italian Constitution' jibe
- Meldonium count in Maria Sharapova's blood sample exceeds permissible levels: Russian Sports Minister
- Honda Cars expects sales to grow in double digits in 2016-17
- RSS critic Digvijay Singh visits VHP office in Delhi, gifted Ashok Singhal's biography