J&K: Militants fire at man as he comes out of mosque
Srinagar: Militants shot at and injured a man in Shopian district of south Kashmir while he was coming out of a mosque after offering night prayers, police said on Saturday.
"Militants fired upon Muhammad Rafi Malla at Pahalpora in Shopian when he was coming out of the mosque after Isha (night) prayers last night," a police spokesman said.
He said Malla was injured in the firing and taken to SMHS hospital here for treatment.
The spokesman said police registered a case and started investigations into the incident.
"During investigation, the identity of the militants who carried out the attack has been established as Inam-ul-Haq Malla alias Waseem and Irshad Ahmad Sheikh," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa