J&K: Militants fire at man as he comes out of mosque
Srinagar: Militants shot at and injured a man in Shopian district of south Kashmir while he was coming out of a mosque after offering night prayers, police said on Saturday.
"Militants fired upon Muhammad Rafi Malla at Pahalpora in Shopian when he was coming out of the mosque after Isha (night) prayers last night," a police spokesman said.
He said Malla was injured in the firing and taken to SMHS hospital here for treatment.
The spokesman said police registered a case and started investigations into the incident.
"During investigation, the identity of the militants who carried out the attack has been established as Inam-ul-Haq Malla alias Waseem and Irshad Ahmad Sheikh," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview