J&K: Militants hurl grenade at CRPF post
Srinagar: Militants on Tuesday carried out a grenade attack on a security picket in Sopore township of north Kashmir`s Baramulla district, sparking off panic but there was no damage caused in the blast.
Militants hurled a grenade towards CRPF personnel manning a picket in Sopore town, 55 kms from here, this evening, official sources said.
They said the grenade missed the intended target and exploded with a big bang on the roadside, without causing any casualty or damage.
However, the blast caused panic among the people including shopkeepers who fled to safety, the officials said.
They said security forces immediately cordoned off the area but no one was arrested as the ultras fled the scene taking advantage of the panic.
No militant outfit has so far claimed responsibility for the grenade attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical