J&K: Militants hurl grenade at CRPF post
Srinagar: Militants on Tuesday carried out a grenade attack on a security picket in Sopore township of north Kashmir`s Baramulla district, sparking off panic but there was no damage caused in the blast.
Militants hurled a grenade towards CRPF personnel manning a picket in Sopore town, 55 kms from here, this evening, official sources said.
They said the grenade missed the intended target and exploded with a big bang on the roadside, without causing any casualty or damage.
However, the blast caused panic among the people including shopkeepers who fled to safety, the officials said.
They said security forces immediately cordoned off the area but no one was arrested as the ultras fled the scene taking advantage of the panic.
No militant outfit has so far claimed responsibility for the grenade attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him