J&K: Militants hurl grenade at CRPF post
Srinagar: Militants on Tuesday carried out a grenade attack on a security picket in Sopore township of north Kashmir`s Baramulla district, sparking off panic but there was no damage caused in the blast.
Militants hurled a grenade towards CRPF personnel manning a picket in Sopore town, 55 kms from here, this evening, official sources said.
They said the grenade missed the intended target and exploded with a big bang on the roadside, without causing any casualty or damage.
However, the blast caused panic among the people including shopkeepers who fled to safety, the officials said.
They said security forces immediately cordoned off the area but no one was arrested as the ultras fled the scene taking advantage of the panic.
No militant outfit has so far claimed responsibility for the grenade attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai