J&K: Militants hurl grenade at CRPF post
Srinagar: Militants on Tuesday carried out a grenade attack on a security picket in Sopore township of north Kashmir`s Baramulla district, sparking off panic but there was no damage caused in the blast.
Militants hurled a grenade towards CRPF personnel manning a picket in Sopore town, 55 kms from here, this evening, official sources said.
They said the grenade missed the intended target and exploded with a big bang on the roadside, without causing any casualty or damage.
However, the blast caused panic among the people including shopkeepers who fled to safety, the officials said.
They said security forces immediately cordoned off the area but no one was arrested as the ultras fled the scene taking advantage of the panic.
No militant outfit has so far claimed responsibility for the grenade attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'