J&K: Militants hurl grenade at CRPF post
Srinagar: Militants on Tuesday carried out a grenade attack on a security picket in Sopore township of north Kashmir`s Baramulla district, sparking off panic but there was no damage caused in the blast.
Militants hurled a grenade towards CRPF personnel manning a picket in Sopore town, 55 kms from here, this evening, official sources said.
They said the grenade missed the intended target and exploded with a big bang on the roadside, without causing any casualty or damage.
However, the blast caused panic among the people including shopkeepers who fled to safety, the officials said.
They said security forces immediately cordoned off the area but no one was arrested as the ultras fled the scene taking advantage of the panic.
No militant outfit has so far claimed responsibility for the grenade attack.
- Sonia Gandhi received bribe in AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: Subramanian Swamy
- Indian Premier League 9: Beleaguered R Ashwin finds support in spin legend Muttiah Muralitharan during tough phase
- China, Japan growth to slow sharply in 2016, IMF warns
- Ghaziabad school evacuated after bomb threat
- Anushka Sharma kicks the butt in 'Sultan' new still—See inside!