J&K Min assures preference to local industries
Jammu: To boost the home grown industries, the Jammu and Kashmir government today ordered all the state departments, including public sector units, to give preference to local industries for purchase of material.
"Give price preference to local industrialists for the purchase of goods," Minister for Industries and Commerce Sajad Ahmed Kichloo said during a high-level meeting here.
Kichloo asked to make purchases of notified key materials manufactured by local Industries through J&K Small-scale Industrial Development Corporation.
"Marketing support is imperative for promoting local industries in view of the state`s topographical and locational disadvantage," Kichloo said.
The minister, meanwhile, impressed upon the unit holders to focus on quality parameters of the products to withstand stiff market competitions.
"It is our responsibility to explore all the possible marketing channels for industrial unit holders, but they shall have to produce quality and cost effective products to capture its share from the open market as government support only is not enough to make these self sustained ventures," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan