J&K Min assures preference to local industries
Jammu: To boost the home grown industries, the Jammu and Kashmir government today ordered all the state departments, including public sector units, to give preference to local industries for purchase of material.
"Give price preference to local industrialists for the purchase of goods," Minister for Industries and Commerce Sajad Ahmed Kichloo said during a high-level meeting here.
Kichloo asked to make purchases of notified key materials manufactured by local Industries through J&K Small-scale Industrial Development Corporation.
"Marketing support is imperative for promoting local industries in view of the state`s topographical and locational disadvantage," Kichloo said.
The minister, meanwhile, impressed upon the unit holders to focus on quality parameters of the products to withstand stiff market competitions.
"It is our responsibility to explore all the possible marketing channels for industrial unit holders, but they shall have to produce quality and cost effective products to capture its share from the open market as government support only is not enough to make these self sustained ventures," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India