J&K Min assures preference to local industries
Jammu: To boost the home grown industries, the Jammu and Kashmir government today ordered all the state departments, including public sector units, to give preference to local industries for purchase of material.
"Give price preference to local industrialists for the purchase of goods," Minister for Industries and Commerce Sajad Ahmed Kichloo said during a high-level meeting here.
Kichloo asked to make purchases of notified key materials manufactured by local Industries through J&K Small-scale Industrial Development Corporation.
"Marketing support is imperative for promoting local industries in view of the state`s topographical and locational disadvantage," Kichloo said.
The minister, meanwhile, impressed upon the unit holders to focus on quality parameters of the products to withstand stiff market competitions.
"It is our responsibility to explore all the possible marketing channels for industrial unit holders, but they shall have to produce quality and cost effective products to capture its share from the open market as government support only is not enough to make these self sustained ventures," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan
- BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016 : BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016, BSEB 12th Vocational Results to be declared at biharboard.bih.nic.in, www.biharboard.net
- US snubs Pakistan, says India's entry to nuclear club is not about arms