J&K Minister asks foreign countries to lift travel advisories
Jammu: Showcasing Jammu and Kashmir as a safe haven for tourists, a state minister on Thursday said there has been an increase in the number of foreign visitors after some nations lifted the travel advisories to the state and asked other countries to follow a similar stand.
"Recently countries like Germany and UK lifted the travel advisories for the state, as result we have lots of tourists coming from South East Asia, Middle East, Europe and USA," Minister for Tourism, G A Mir said in an interaction with tourism trade fraternity at Fitur International Travel and Trade Fair at Madrid in Spain today.
Mir called for lifting of the travel advisories by the rest of the countries in order to further boost foreign tourism in Kashmir.
Kashmir was in news for last two decades for unfortunate reasons, but now all is well and we have huge number of foreign tourist arrivals, an official release quoting the minister said.
He referred to the changing security scenario and said recently ambassadors from various countries visited Kashmir for a golf tournament.
Minister said tourism means the principle of travelling for pleasure and it has come a long way in the state.
"We have been able to sell the tourism potential and scenic beauty of Jammu and Kashmir quite well both in domestic and foreign travel market on a large scale," he said.
"Tourism promotion is not only a promotion activity for us as a department but more than that it has been a challenge to promote J&K as a safe destination," he said.
Minister assured them all that Kashmir is as safe as Spain or for that matter any other country in Europe. "We know that tourism is one of the major binding forces for spreading friendship and uniting souls," he added.
"All of us have to act as tourism ambassadors and try our best to unite those parts of the world which are still less connected," Mir said.
Minister urged that tourism, tour players and people connected with the industry are the bridges of positivity and as long as these bridges of positivity are there world is much safer and worth living.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why