J&K Minister stresses on reducing NMR
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Minister of State for Health, Shabir Ahmad Khan on Saturday underscored the need for reducing Neonatal Mortality rate (NMR) in the state by taking concrete health care measures.
"There is a need for reducing NMR in the state by taking concrete health care measures," the minister said at the inaugural function of a day-long workshop organised by the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) J&K.
He stressed upon the concerned authorities to reach out at grassroot level for better implementation of NRHM which guarantees to provide quality health care facilities to those in rural areas.
Khan said high neonatal mortality has been area of great concern in the state. Though the infant mortality rate has decreased from 52 in 2006 to 41 in 2012 but the neonatal mortality in the state is still higher as compared to national level, he added.
He stressed on the need to focus on decreasing the neonatal mortality by improving the facility based and home based newborn care.
The facility Newborn Care is being improved by setting up of Sick Newborn Care Units at district level, stabilisation units at Community Health Centre level and Baby Care Units at delivery points including Primary Health Centres and Sub Centres, he said.
The Minister said the Home Based Newborn Care which will prove to be a key intervention in decreasing the neonatal mortality is being carried out with the help of Accredited Social Health Activist at community level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling