J&K minister`s nephew arrested for eve-teasing
Srinagar: A Jammu and Kashmir Minister`s
nephew has been arrested on the charges of eve-teasing in
Sopore area of Baramulla district.
Two girls had yesterday lodged a complaint against Gowhar
Habib, the nephew of Minister of State for Roads and Buildings
Javed Ahmad Dar, alleging that he had misbehaved with them,
The allegations by the girls, who are sisters, led to
local residents holding protest against Gowhar, demanding his
Gowhar has been arrested and an FIR under section 294 (eve
teasing) of the RPC has been registered against him.
This is the second incident in the past one week where a
J&K minister`s relative has been arrested for violating law.
On Saturday, son of Tourism Minister Nawang Rigzin Jora
was arrested along with his friend for allegedly thrashing
a shopkeeper in Leh town of frontier region of Ladakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef