J&K minister`s nephew arrested for eve-teasing
Srinagar: A Jammu and Kashmir Minister`s
nephew has been arrested on the charges of eve-teasing in
Sopore area of Baramulla district.
Two girls had yesterday lodged a complaint against Gowhar
Habib, the nephew of Minister of State for Roads and Buildings
Javed Ahmad Dar, alleging that he had misbehaved with them,
The allegations by the girls, who are sisters, led to
local residents holding protest against Gowhar, demanding his
Gowhar has been arrested and an FIR under section 294 (eve
teasing) of the RPC has been registered against him.
This is the second incident in the past one week where a
J&K minister`s relative has been arrested for violating law.
On Saturday, son of Tourism Minister Nawang Rigzin Jora
was arrested along with his friend for allegedly thrashing
a shopkeeper in Leh town of frontier region of Ladakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections