J&K MLA seeks clemency for Afzal Guru
Srinagar: An independent MLA in Jammu and Kashmir today asked UPA Presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee to grant clemency after assuming office to Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru, who is on death row.
"I humbly request your goodself that after assuming office of the President of India, which is obvious, the mercy petition of Afzal Guru be accepted," MLA from Langate constituency in Kupwara district Sheikh Abdul Rashid said in a memorandum to the Mukherjee.
Rashid submitted the memorandum to the UPA Presidential candidate during a meeting with him here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets