J&K MLA seeks clemency for Afzal Guru
Srinagar: An independent MLA in Jammu and Kashmir today asked UPA Presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee to grant clemency after assuming office to Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru, who is on death row.
"I humbly request your goodself that after assuming office of the President of India, which is obvious, the mercy petition of Afzal Guru be accepted," MLA from Langate constituency in Kupwara district Sheikh Abdul Rashid said in a memorandum to the Mukherjee.
Rashid submitted the memorandum to the UPA Presidential candidate during a meeting with him here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why