J&K modern tourist post office dedicated to people
Srinagar: Marking the celebrations of Post Office Festival in the famous ski-resort of Gulmarg, in north Kashmir, the Department of Posts has dedicated a modern Tourist Post Office to the people the second one this year as part of the modernising project.
"Chief Postmaster General, Jammu and Kashmir, John Samuel dedicated modernised Tourist Post Office to public at Gulmarg yesterday, marking the celebration of Gulmarg Post Office Festival," an official spokesperson said.
This is the second Post Office under modernisation project this year which followed Qazigund Project Arrow Post Office dedicated to the public last week, he said.
The modernisation of Gulmarg Post Office is an initiative to develop it as a tourist friendly post office with all latest facilities, the Chief Postmaster General said after its inauguration.
"The post office is actually a tourist post office, which has been tailor made to fit the needs of visitors having post shop facilities containing packaging material, dry fruits and saffron for sale," Samuel said, adding the post office will function from 9 am to 5 pm and provide all facilities like registered post, speed post and insurance facilities.
He said as a special feature the post office will provide ‘My Stamp’ facilities which is a personalised stamp and can be preserved as souvenirs or used as postage.
Gulmarg is only the second post office in the Valley to provide ‘My Stamp’ services after General Post Office.
As part of the Post Office Festival, one special cover and five picture post cards on Gulmarg were also released.
The release of special cover and post cards is an attempt to make the whole world aware about the beauty of Gulmarg by means of philately, Samuel said. These special covers are collected by Philatelists worldwide, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley