J&K: NC lashes out at PDP, terms it power hungry
Jammu: Claiming that the opposition PDP was frustrated with rising popularity of the Omar Abdullah government, the National Conference on Monday said PDP was nothing but a party only hungry for power.
"PDP is hungry for power. It is frustrated to witness historical decisions taken by the Omar Abdullah-led coalition government in the state," Senior NC leader Sheikh Mustafa Kamal said in Poonch today.
Alleging that the party was trying to "weaken" the ruling government, Kamal said people have not forgotten how PDP tried to "destabilise" the Ghulam Nabi Azad-led government in 2008.
He said PDP will face more defeats because of its "wrong and anti-people" policies.
Claimed that the government has taken various "landmark" initiatives to ensure transparency in the functioning of state machinery, Kamal assured that NC will "fight" to ensure the "genuine" aspirations of state people are addressed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad