J&K: NC lashes out at PDP, terms it power hungry
Jammu: Claiming that the opposition PDP was frustrated with rising popularity of the Omar Abdullah government, the National Conference on Monday said PDP was nothing but a party only hungry for power.
"PDP is hungry for power. It is frustrated to witness historical decisions taken by the Omar Abdullah-led coalition government in the state," Senior NC leader Sheikh Mustafa Kamal said in Poonch today.
Alleging that the party was trying to "weaken" the ruling government, Kamal said people have not forgotten how PDP tried to "destabilise" the Ghulam Nabi Azad-led government in 2008.
He said PDP will face more defeats because of its "wrong and anti-people" policies.
Claimed that the government has taken various "landmark" initiatives to ensure transparency in the functioning of state machinery, Kamal assured that NC will "fight" to ensure the "genuine" aspirations of state people are addressed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations