`J&K needs to take steps to raise poultry output`
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir can save the Rs
1,400 crore it spends annually on importing mutton and poultry if measures are taken to increase the local production,
Minister for Sheep and Animal Husbandry, Aga Syed Ruhulla said
"The state is importing mutton and poultry worth Rs 1,400
crore annually, which can be saved once the local production
is increased," Ruhulla said.
He said the state government is encouraging the youth for
setting up sheep, goat rearing farms by way of providing
financial incentive besides expert advice. He added that there
is a need to reach out to people and motivate them for
establishing units in this sector.
He called upon the officers to adopt latest breeding
technology for increasing mutton and poultry production.
Ruhullah said that efforts are being initiated to
increase milk production in the state, although state is able
to meet the local needs but need of the hour is to take it to
the point where we can export or make bye products from it.
The minister asked officers to ensure that the cases sent
to banks for financing are cleared within a time bound manner.
In case there is any difficulty in getting cases cleared
from the bank, the same should be brought into the notice of
higher authorities who will take up matter with the bank
authorities, he said.
Describing Sheep and Animal Husbandry as the most
commercially viable sector, the Minister said that educated
youth need to be motivated towards it. He said this will not
only provide employment to them but also create avenues for
others to earn their livelihood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested