J&K NH reopens to vehicular traffic
Jammu: The 300-km-long Jammu-Srinagar
National Highway was today reopened to one-way traffic after it remained closed for two consecutive days due to snowfall and landslides triggered by heavy rain.
"The highway has been reopened today to traffic after two
days of closure due to snowfall and rain," police said here.
"The traffic is moving smoothly", they said.
The arterial road was closed following snowfall and heavy
rain in Jawahar Tunnel-Patnitop stretch in Ramban district on
February 4. Some landslides triggered by heavy rain in Ramban
section added to the plight and they were cleared along with
snow by Border Roads Organisation, they said.
Heavy snowfall was reported at Jawahar Tunnel, Banihal,
Ramso, Batote and Patnitop areas along the highway on February
4-5, officials said, adding that there were also reports of
landslides triggered by heavy rain at Panthal area in Ramban
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- We have RSS training, capable of breaking necks with bare hands: BJP WB chief
- Indian Premier League 2016 Final: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Sunrisers Hyderabad — Preview
- Anirban Lahiri 5th in incomplete second round at Colonial on PGA
- Vijay Mallya seeks dismissal of ED's plea seeking his presence
- Leander Paes could soon be 6th in list of most doubles victories