J&K: NYC volunteers demand regularisation
Jammu: National Youth Corps (NYC) volunteers Tuesday held a protest demonstration in support of their demands including a comprehensive policy for regularisation in Jammu.
"We urge the government to settle our demands. If our demands are not met at the earliest, we will start a massive agitation in the state," said one of the NYC activists.
NYC volunteers raised slogans against the state government and demanded early settlement of their demands.
"The future of 8,000 NYC volunteers are at stake as the government has turned a deaf ear to our demands," he said.
A "comprehensive policy" should be formulated for NYC volunteers who have been serving in different government departments for the past over two years, he demanded.
The state government had engaged over 8,000 youth as volunteers in different departments during the 2010 summer unrest under Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan, ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog