J&K: NYC volunteers demand regularisation
Jammu: National Youth Corps (NYC) volunteers Tuesday held a protest demonstration in support of their demands including a comprehensive policy for regularisation in Jammu.
"We urge the government to settle our demands. If our demands are not met at the earliest, we will start a massive agitation in the state," said one of the NYC activists.
NYC volunteers raised slogans against the state government and demanded early settlement of their demands.
"The future of 8,000 NYC volunteers are at stake as the government has turned a deaf ear to our demands," he said.
A "comprehensive policy" should be formulated for NYC volunteers who have been serving in different government departments for the past over two years, he demanded.
The state government had engaged over 8,000 youth as volunteers in different departments during the 2010 summer unrest under Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan, ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad