J&K: NYC volunteers demand regularisation
Jammu: National Youth Corps (NYC) volunteers Tuesday held a protest demonstration in support of their demands including a comprehensive policy for regularisation in Jammu.
"We urge the government to settle our demands. If our demands are not met at the earliest, we will start a massive agitation in the state," said one of the NYC activists.
NYC volunteers raised slogans against the state government and demanded early settlement of their demands.
"The future of 8,000 NYC volunteers are at stake as the government has turned a deaf ear to our demands," he said.
A "comprehensive policy" should be formulated for NYC volunteers who have been serving in different government departments for the past over two years, he demanded.
The state government had engaged over 8,000 youth as volunteers in different departments during the 2010 summer unrest under Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan, ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch