J&K officials to meet Planning Commission members on January 23
Jammu: A team of senior Jammu and Kashmir Government officials would hold discussions with the Planning Commission on January 23 to firm up resource position for the state`s Annual Plan for 2014-15.
A delegation from Jammu and Kashmir, including the Economic Advisor to the Principal Secretary of the Planning and Development Department and the Principal Secretary of the Finance Department, would visit Delhi for the discussions, an official spokesman said.
A preparatory meeting to draw broader outlines for the budget for 2014-2015 was held here under the chairmanship of Minister for Finance and Ladakh Affairs Abdul Rahim Rather.
The state was planning to advance the budget session with the aim to pass full budget instead of a "Vote on Account", well before the enforcement of the Model Code of Conduct, which expected anytime in the beginning of March.
Discussions were held to device various strategies regarding the presentation of budget immediately after passing of Motion of Thanks on the Governor`s address.
It was also decided that pre-budget consultations with various stakeholders would be initiated from January 24 and 25 at Srinagar, followed by meetings at Jammu on January 27 and 28, the spokesman said.
There would be consultations with representatives of Chambers of Commerce & Industries, Federations of Industries, hoteliers, traders, intellectuals and experts, and group of farmers separately in Srinagar and Jammu.
The minister asked officials to complete the Economic Survey Report for 2013-14 at the earliest for its presentation in the ensuing budget session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'