J&K opposition legislators demand Dogri TV channel
Jammu: Opposition legislators, including those from the BJP, Tuesday walked out of the state Assembly, demanding setting up of a Dogri television channel in the state.
Amid din and confusion, legislators of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), National Panthers Party and Jammu Shakti Morcha walked out of the legislative assembly, which is holding its winter session in Jammu.
The legislators demanded a Dogri television channel be set up in the state on the pattern of DD Kashir which is at present beaming signals through the Doordarshan satellite platform.
The protesting legislators later returned to the house to join the proceedings of the Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre