J&K opposition legislators demand Dogri TV channel
Jammu: Opposition legislators, including those from the BJP, Tuesday walked out of the state Assembly, demanding setting up of a Dogri television channel in the state.
Amid din and confusion, legislators of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), National Panthers Party and Jammu Shakti Morcha walked out of the legislative assembly, which is holding its winter session in Jammu.
The legislators demanded a Dogri television channel be set up in the state on the pattern of DD Kashir which is at present beaming signals through the Doordarshan satellite platform.
The protesting legislators later returned to the house to join the proceedings of the Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors