J&K opposition legislators demand Dogri TV channel
Jammu: Opposition legislators, including those from the BJP, Tuesday walked out of the state Assembly, demanding setting up of a Dogri television channel in the state.
Amid din and confusion, legislators of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), National Panthers Party and Jammu Shakti Morcha walked out of the legislative assembly, which is holding its winter session in Jammu.
The legislators demanded a Dogri television channel be set up in the state on the pattern of DD Kashir which is at present beaming signals through the Doordarshan satellite platform.
The protesting legislators later returned to the house to join the proceedings of the Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Police arrest two suspects for attempting to rape a 14-year-old
- Two new Zika vaccines give '100% protection' to mice in tests!
- ICSI CS foundation exam 2016 result announced, log on to icsi.examresults.net to check your scores
- Goa RSS chief resigns from committee set up for CM's birthday
- Helicopter parenting may up depression risk in your kids