J&K opposition legislators demand Dogri TV channel
Jammu: Opposition legislators, including those from the BJP, Tuesday walked out of the state Assembly, demanding setting up of a Dogri television channel in the state.
Amid din and confusion, legislators of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), National Panthers Party and Jammu Shakti Morcha walked out of the legislative assembly, which is holding its winter session in Jammu.
The legislators demanded a Dogri television channel be set up in the state on the pattern of DD Kashir which is at present beaming signals through the Doordarshan satellite platform.
The protesting legislators later returned to the house to join the proceedings of the Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'