J&K opposition legislators demand Dogri TV channel
Jammu: Opposition legislators, including those from the BJP, Tuesday walked out of the state Assembly, demanding setting up of a Dogri television channel in the state.
Amid din and confusion, legislators of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), National Panthers Party and Jammu Shakti Morcha walked out of the legislative assembly, which is holding its winter session in Jammu.
The legislators demanded a Dogri television channel be set up in the state on the pattern of DD Kashir which is at present beaming signals through the Doordarshan satellite platform.
The protesting legislators later returned to the house to join the proceedings of the Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees