J&K: Over 15,000 buildings damaged in 2 days
Srinagar: More than 15,000 buildings, including houses and schools, were damaged in last two days due to the cyclonic windstorm in Kashmir Valley, officials said.
More than 15,000 buildings, including houses and schools, were damaged in last two days due to the cyclonic windstorm in Kashmir Valley.
The damage assessment was earlier ordered by Divisional Commissioner Kashmir and joint multi-disciplinary assessment teams were formed to verify the quantum of damage caused due to windstorm in the Valley.
The official said 4,074 non-residential houses and 25 Government buildings were also partially damaged.
Ten house-boats, moored in Dal lake and river Jehlum, were also severely damaged and nearly 108 house-boats have been partially or marginally damaged.
Official said the damage to the LT and HT electricity transmission network in the Valley has been tentatively estimated to the tune of Rs 4.66 crore.
The electricity department has restored 700 MW of power as against 900 MW total requirement, he said adding temporary restoration will likely be completed in the next three days.
High speed winds at 30 knots per hour have been blowing across the Valley since Monday night, causing extensive damage to residential houses and public infrastructure in many places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!