J&K: Over 15,000 buildings damaged in 2 days
Srinagar: More than 15,000 buildings, including houses and schools, were damaged in last two days due to the cyclonic windstorm in Kashmir Valley, officials said.
More than 15,000 buildings, including houses and schools, were damaged in last two days due to the cyclonic windstorm in Kashmir Valley.
The damage assessment was earlier ordered by Divisional Commissioner Kashmir and joint multi-disciplinary assessment teams were formed to verify the quantum of damage caused due to windstorm in the Valley.
The official said 4,074 non-residential houses and 25 Government buildings were also partially damaged.
Ten house-boats, moored in Dal lake and river Jehlum, were also severely damaged and nearly 108 house-boats have been partially or marginally damaged.
Official said the damage to the LT and HT electricity transmission network in the Valley has been tentatively estimated to the tune of Rs 4.66 crore.
The electricity department has restored 700 MW of power as against 900 MW total requirement, he said adding temporary restoration will likely be completed in the next three days.
High speed winds at 30 knots per hour have been blowing across the Valley since Monday night, causing extensive damage to residential houses and public infrastructure in many places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident