J&K: Over 15,000 buildings damaged in 2 days
Srinagar: More than 15,000 buildings, including houses and schools, were damaged in last two days due to the cyclonic windstorm in Kashmir Valley, officials said.
More than 15,000 buildings, including houses and schools, were damaged in last two days due to the cyclonic windstorm in Kashmir Valley.
The damage assessment was earlier ordered by Divisional Commissioner Kashmir and joint multi-disciplinary assessment teams were formed to verify the quantum of damage caused due to windstorm in the Valley.
The official said 4,074 non-residential houses and 25 Government buildings were also partially damaged.
Ten house-boats, moored in Dal lake and river Jehlum, were also severely damaged and nearly 108 house-boats have been partially or marginally damaged.
Official said the damage to the LT and HT electricity transmission network in the Valley has been tentatively estimated to the tune of Rs 4.66 crore.
The electricity department has restored 700 MW of power as against 900 MW total requirement, he said adding temporary restoration will likely be completed in the next three days.
High speed winds at 30 knots per hour have been blowing across the Valley since Monday night, causing extensive damage to residential houses and public infrastructure in many places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie