J&K: Over 18,000 travel on `LoC permits`
Jammu: Over 18,000 persons have travelled on `LoC permits` through Poonch-Rawalakot and Uri-Muzaffarabad routes since the opening of these routes.
"18,601 persons have travelled on Line of Control (LoC) permits through Poonch-Rawalakot and Uri-Muzaffarabad routes since the opening of these routes," Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said in a written reply to a question of PDP member
Murtaza Ahmad Khan in Legislative Council today.
He said that no application has either been received or processed for grant of LoC permits to persons other than the members of divided families.
In reply to another question about the status of opening of Jammu-Sialkot, silk route, Nowshera-Chinger and Tattapani for trade and travelling, Omar said that there is no such proposal pending before the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"