J&K: Over 18,000 travel on `LoC permits`
Jammu: Over 18,000 persons have travelled on `LoC permits` through Poonch-Rawalakot and Uri-Muzaffarabad routes since the opening of these routes.
"18,601 persons have travelled on Line of Control (LoC) permits through Poonch-Rawalakot and Uri-Muzaffarabad routes since the opening of these routes," Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said in a written reply to a question of PDP member
Murtaza Ahmad Khan in Legislative Council today.
He said that no application has either been received or processed for grant of LoC permits to persons other than the members of divided families.
In reply to another question about the status of opening of Jammu-Sialkot, silk route, Nowshera-Chinger and Tattapani for trade and travelling, Omar said that there is no such proposal pending before the state government.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India