J&K: Over 18,000 travel on `LoC permits`
Jammu: Over 18,000 persons have travelled on `LoC permits` through Poonch-Rawalakot and Uri-Muzaffarabad routes since the opening of these routes.
"18,601 persons have travelled on Line of Control (LoC) permits through Poonch-Rawalakot and Uri-Muzaffarabad routes since the opening of these routes," Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said in a written reply to a question of PDP member
Murtaza Ahmad Khan in Legislative Council today.
He said that no application has either been received or processed for grant of LoC permits to persons other than the members of divided families.
In reply to another question about the status of opening of Jammu-Sialkot, silk route, Nowshera-Chinger and Tattapani for trade and travelling, Omar said that there is no such proposal pending before the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP