J&K Pahari community to launch cross-LoC campaign
Jammu: An organisation of Pahari community in Jammu and Kashmir has sought the Centre`s approval for visiting Pakistani Occupied Kashmir (POK) to meet its community leaders there for taking joint steps for the welfare of Paharis.
"We will launch cross-LoC campaign for welfare of Paharis. We have decided to meet community leaders along Line of Control to decide the future course of action regarding the welfare of the community on both sides," Jammu and Kashmir Pahari Peoples Movement (JKPPM) leader Shahbaz Khan Sunday said.
The organisation leaders have requested Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to allow them to visit PoK so that they chalk out a plan for the welfare of the community.
The outfit alleged that the community is demanding Scheduled Tribe Status for long, but the government is lingering over the matter.
It said after the India-Pakistan partition 70 per cent of Paharis remained on other side of the LoC leaving the 30 per cent in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday