J&K Pahari community to launch cross-LoC campaign
Jammu: An organisation of Pahari community in Jammu and Kashmir has sought the Centre`s approval for visiting Pakistani Occupied Kashmir (POK) to meet its community leaders there for taking joint steps for the welfare of Paharis.
"We will launch cross-LoC campaign for welfare of Paharis. We have decided to meet community leaders along Line of Control to decide the future course of action regarding the welfare of the community on both sides," Jammu and Kashmir Pahari Peoples Movement (JKPPM) leader Shahbaz Khan Sunday said.
The organisation leaders have requested Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to allow them to visit PoK so that they chalk out a plan for the welfare of the community.
The outfit alleged that the community is demanding Scheduled Tribe Status for long, but the government is lingering over the matter.
It said after the India-Pakistan partition 70 per cent of Paharis remained on other side of the LoC leaving the 30 per cent in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3