J&K: Pakistan again breaches LoC ceasefire in Mendhar sector
Jammu: Pakistani troops yet again resorted to unprovoked firing on Indian positions at two places in the Mendhar sector of the Line of Control in the Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir Friday, an officer said.
"Pakistan troops resorted to unprovoked firing at our positions in Barasingha and Hamirpur areas of the LOC in Mendhar sector this (Friday) morning," a defence ministry spokesman said.
"They used 82 mm mortars, automatics and small arms. Our troops responded with strong retaliation with same calibre weapons," he added.
According to the spokesman, the exchange of fire started at 8.30 a.m. and was continuing at noon.
On Thursday, Pakistan troops had fired at Indian positions in Bimar Gali and Krishna Ghati areas of Mendhar sector in Poonch district.
There have been over 130 violations of the ceasefire in the Jammu region alone since the beginning of this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you