J&K: Pakistan again breaches LoC ceasefire in Mendhar sector
Jammu: Pakistani troops yet again resorted to unprovoked firing on Indian positions at two places in the Mendhar sector of the Line of Control in the Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir Friday, an officer said.
"Pakistan troops resorted to unprovoked firing at our positions in Barasingha and Hamirpur areas of the LOC in Mendhar sector this (Friday) morning," a defence ministry spokesman said.
"They used 82 mm mortars, automatics and small arms. Our troops responded with strong retaliation with same calibre weapons," he added.
According to the spokesman, the exchange of fire started at 8.30 a.m. and was continuing at noon.
On Thursday, Pakistan troops had fired at Indian positions in Bimar Gali and Krishna Ghati areas of Mendhar sector in Poonch district.
There have been over 130 violations of the ceasefire in the Jammu region alone since the beginning of this year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader