J&K: Pakistan again breaches LoC ceasefire in Mendhar sector
Jammu: Pakistani troops yet again resorted to unprovoked firing on Indian positions at two places in the Mendhar sector of the Line of Control in the Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir Friday, an officer said.
"Pakistan troops resorted to unprovoked firing at our positions in Barasingha and Hamirpur areas of the LOC in Mendhar sector this (Friday) morning," a defence ministry spokesman said.
"They used 82 mm mortars, automatics and small arms. Our troops responded with strong retaliation with same calibre weapons," he added.
According to the spokesman, the exchange of fire started at 8.30 a.m. and was continuing at noon.
On Thursday, Pakistan troops had fired at Indian positions in Bimar Gali and Krishna Ghati areas of Mendhar sector in Poonch district.
There have been over 130 violations of the ceasefire in the Jammu region alone since the beginning of this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre