J&K: Pakistan again breaches LoC ceasefire in Mendhar sector
Jammu: Pakistani troops yet again resorted to unprovoked firing on Indian positions at two places in the Mendhar sector of the Line of Control in the Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir Friday, an officer said.
"Pakistan troops resorted to unprovoked firing at our positions in Barasingha and Hamirpur areas of the LOC in Mendhar sector this (Friday) morning," a defence ministry spokesman said.
"They used 82 mm mortars, automatics and small arms. Our troops responded with strong retaliation with same calibre weapons," he added.
According to the spokesman, the exchange of fire started at 8.30 a.m. and was continuing at noon.
On Thursday, Pakistan troops had fired at Indian positions in Bimar Gali and Krishna Ghati areas of Mendhar sector in Poonch district.
There have been over 130 violations of the ceasefire in the Jammu region alone since the beginning of this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- AirAsia India launches promotional fares starting at Rs 786 for one-way domestic trips
- Edward Snowden loses lawsuit against Norway to prevent extradition
- This summer, fight Melanoma with some simple tricks!
- Wimbledon: British No. 3 Kyle Edmund faces 1st round exit.
- 'Bad cholesterol not linked to elderly deaths'