J&K: PDP workers clash with police
Jammu: PDP workers on Wednesday clashed with police after they were prevented from taking out a march to Chief Minister Omar Abdullah`s residence here.
Around 300 PDP workers, protesting what they said rampant
corruption in the state administration, began a march to the
CM`s residence in high-security Wazarat Road.
When police prevented them from heading towards the CM`s
residence they clashed with the force personnel.
Mild force was used to disperse them, police said adding
no one was injured.
Some workers were detained but were set free later, they
"We were peacefully staging a march but police forcibly
stopped us from moving towards the CM`s residence," PDP
general secretary Balbir Singh said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata