J&K: PDP workers clash with police
Jammu: PDP workers on Wednesday clashed with police after they were prevented from taking out a march to Chief Minister Omar Abdullah`s residence here.
Around 300 PDP workers, protesting what they said rampant
corruption in the state administration, began a march to the
CM`s residence in high-security Wazarat Road.
When police prevented them from heading towards the CM`s
residence they clashed with the force personnel.
Mild force was used to disperse them, police said adding
no one was injured.
Some workers were detained but were set free later, they
"We were peacefully staging a march but police forcibly
stopped us from moving towards the CM`s residence," PDP
general secretary Balbir Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH