J&K: PDP workers clash with police
Jammu: PDP workers on Wednesday clashed with police after they were prevented from taking out a march to Chief Minister Omar Abdullah`s residence here.
Around 300 PDP workers, protesting what they said rampant
corruption in the state administration, began a march to the
CM`s residence in high-security Wazarat Road.
When police prevented them from heading towards the CM`s
residence they clashed with the force personnel.
Mild force was used to disperse them, police said adding
no one was injured.
Some workers were detained but were set free later, they
"We were peacefully staging a march but police forcibly
stopped us from moving towards the CM`s residence," PDP
general secretary Balbir Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday