J&K: PDP workers clash with police
Jammu: PDP workers on Wednesday clashed with police after they were prevented from taking out a march to Chief Minister Omar Abdullah`s residence here.
Around 300 PDP workers, protesting what they said rampant
corruption in the state administration, began a march to the
CM`s residence in high-security Wazarat Road.
When police prevented them from heading towards the CM`s
residence they clashed with the force personnel.
Mild force was used to disperse them, police said adding
no one was injured.
Some workers were detained but were set free later, they
"We were peacefully staging a march but police forcibly
stopped us from moving towards the CM`s residence," PDP
general secretary Balbir Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!