J&K planning dept sanctions 400 posts of docs
Srinagar: Four hundred posts of doctors and paradmedics have been sanctioned by Jammu and Kashmir Planning department under the Indian System of Medicines for improving the health care facilities in the state.
"The Planning department has approved 400 posts for the hospitals and other healthcare institutions under the ISM (Unani and Ayurvedic). The process is in final stages now," state Health Minister Sham Lal Sharma told a news agency.
The minister said his department had sent a bigger requirement of manpower including doctors and paramedics but the Planning department has only approved 400 posts which includes around 100 posts of doctors.
"The state government is focusing on diagnostic side where we did not have enough manpower," Sharma said.
He said the ISM hospitals and healthcare units in the state were currently being managed through internal arrangements.
"Our requirement for doctors is not very high... We need technical people to assist the doctors," he added.
The minister said most of the contractual and ad-hoc ISM doctors have been regularised.
According to sources, the Health department had sent a proposal of creating 1,088 posts of doctors and paramedics to the Planning department in 2009 for improving the healthcare facilities.
They said there was little action on the proposal till the recent hue and cry about the high number of death in tertiary care hospitals like G B Pant children`s hospital, SKIMS Soura and SMGS hospital in Jammu.
The doctors had blamed huge rush of patients at the referral hospitals due to lack of facilities in Primary health centres, sub-district hospitals and district hospitals in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP