J&K police arrests stone-pelter
Srinagar: Continuing its crackdown against the protesters in Kashmir Valley, police on Saturday said it has
arrested a "wanted stone-pelter" in Kashmir`s Baramulla district.
Nissar Ahmad Bhat, a resident of Singhpora near Pattan town of Baramulla district, was arrested today, a police spokesman said.
"He is involved in various stone pelting cases and had been evading arrest since long," he said.
Bhat`s arrest is part of a crackdown on protesters involved in stone-pelting on police and security forces during last year`s summer unrest.
Over the last one year police has arrested 4,064 people in Kashmir valley, according to state government, many of them were nabbed for their alleged involvement in last year`s unrest.
A total of 137 persons have been detained in the state last year under the Public Safety Act (PSA) which provides for detention of a person for up to two years without any trial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch