J&K police arrests stone-pelter
Srinagar: Continuing its crackdown against the protesters in Kashmir Valley, police on Saturday said it has
arrested a "wanted stone-pelter" in Kashmir`s Baramulla district.
Nissar Ahmad Bhat, a resident of Singhpora near Pattan town of Baramulla district, was arrested today, a police spokesman said.
"He is involved in various stone pelting cases and had been evading arrest since long," he said.
Bhat`s arrest is part of a crackdown on protesters involved in stone-pelting on police and security forces during last year`s summer unrest.
Over the last one year police has arrested 4,064 people in Kashmir valley, according to state government, many of them were nabbed for their alleged involvement in last year`s unrest.
A total of 137 persons have been detained in the state last year under the Public Safety Act (PSA) which provides for detention of a person for up to two years without any trial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir