J&K police arrests stone-pelter
Srinagar: Continuing its crackdown against the protesters in Kashmir Valley, police on Saturday said it has
arrested a "wanted stone-pelter" in Kashmir`s Baramulla district.
Nissar Ahmad Bhat, a resident of Singhpora near Pattan town of Baramulla district, was arrested today, a police spokesman said.
"He is involved in various stone pelting cases and had been evading arrest since long," he said.
Bhat`s arrest is part of a crackdown on protesters involved in stone-pelting on police and security forces during last year`s summer unrest.
Over the last one year police has arrested 4,064 people in Kashmir valley, according to state government, many of them were nabbed for their alleged involvement in last year`s unrest.
A total of 137 persons have been detained in the state last year under the Public Safety Act (PSA) which provides for detention of a person for up to two years without any trial.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents