J&K Police arrests youth for impersonating BSF trooper
Jammu: A youth was arrested in Reasi district`s Katra, base camp of Mata Vaishno Devi cave shrine for impersonating a BSF trooper.
Aman Kumar, of Baghpat in Uttar Pradesh, was arrested when he approached a BSF unit at Katra seeking a VIP pass to visit the cave shrine last evening, SP Katra, Kulbir Singh told a news agency.
A case has been registered in this connection and a probe is on, he said, adding nothing incriminating has been recovered from his possession.
During preliminary inquiry, Kumar revealed his family was upset with him as he was unemployed, the officer said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know