J&K police book Territorial Army jawan in IED case
Jammu: Police have booked a Territorial Army jawan and are awaiting response from the concerned authorities for his formal arrest in connection with a case of planting an IED here on September 23.
"A case has been registered against the jawan and we are awaiting response from Army for his arrest in it," Jammu Senior Superintendent of Police Anand Jain said.
During investigation it was found that TA jawan Bishan Dass was involved in planting of the IED, without trigger mechanism, and should be further interrogated, he said.
Warrants have been issued by the court of sub judge for the arrest of the jawan after police filed a case diary before it pleading for the jawan`s custody.
An IED containing capacitors, small quantity of explosive and wires, without ignition unit, was planted by some persons on Satwari-Belicharan road in Jammu city behind the boundary wall of a defence establishment on September 23.
It was later recovered by the police, who claimed that it was fake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened