J&K Police chief reviews security scenario ahead of Independence Day
Jammu: In view of the Independence Day, Jammu and Kashmir Police Chief K Rajendra Kumar has reviewed the security situation in the Jammu region and stressed upon effective coordination among officials for maintaining the law and order.
DGP Kumar chaired a high-level meeting of senior officers of BSF, CRPF, police, intelligence agencies and other senior civil officers of the Jammu Division at police control room here yesterday.
He reviewed the law and order and security scenario in Jammu Zone in general and arrangements for the Independence Day in particular.
IGP Jammu Zone Rajesh Kumar briefed the DGP about various arrangements made by the Jammu Police. "The officers should put in their best for ensuring adequate security and law and order arrangements during the Independence Day function in Jammu," the DGP said here.
The DGP said he stressed upon effective coordination, adequate briefing to the officers and their men on duty and effective supervision to achieve better result.
He said all necessary arrangements have been made and the field officers concerned and units stand thoroughly briefed and sensitised.
The officers of intelligence agencies and field units including BSF, CRPF and police also gave their assessment reports on the security situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre