J&K Police helping Ambala explosives case probe
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir Police have sent a team to help in the investigations into the seizure of an explosives-laden car in Ambala, Haryana, authorities said on Saturday.
"A team has been sent to assist in the investigations into RDX recovery by Delhi and Haryana Police," said Director General of Police (DGP) Kuldeep Khoda in Srinagar.
Five kg of RDX, detonators and timers were Wednesday recovered from a car parked at the Ambala Cantonment railway station.
Police claimed it was part of a major terror plot in the run up to the Diwali festival.
Asked to comment on the reported links between Babbar Khalsa International and Lashkar-e-Taiba outfits, the DGP said: "The investigators would be in a better position to comment on this."
Police are verifying if there was presence of Babbar Khalsa International in Jammu and Kashmir, particularly in areas in and around Simbal camp near Jammu.
The car is reported to have begun its journey from Jammu and Kashmir.
"As it is stated that it was a joint plot of Lashkar-e-Taiba and Babbar Khalsa International, we are working to find out who all could have been involved and from where the explosives could have been procured and transported later," a senior police officer said in Jammu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video