J&K Police helping Ambala explosives case probe
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir Police have sent a team to help in the investigations into the seizure of an explosives-laden car in Ambala, Haryana, authorities said on Saturday.
"A team has been sent to assist in the investigations into RDX recovery by Delhi and Haryana Police," said Director General of Police (DGP) Kuldeep Khoda in Srinagar.
Five kg of RDX, detonators and timers were Wednesday recovered from a car parked at the Ambala Cantonment railway station.
Police claimed it was part of a major terror plot in the run up to the Diwali festival.
Asked to comment on the reported links between Babbar Khalsa International and Lashkar-e-Taiba outfits, the DGP said: "The investigators would be in a better position to comment on this."
Police are verifying if there was presence of Babbar Khalsa International in Jammu and Kashmir, particularly in areas in and around Simbal camp near Jammu.
The car is reported to have begun its journey from Jammu and Kashmir.
"As it is stated that it was a joint plot of Lashkar-e-Taiba and Babbar Khalsa International, we are working to find out who all could have been involved and from where the explosives could have been procured and transported later," a senior police officer said in Jammu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested