J&K police registers case against pvt television news channel
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Police has
registered a case against a private television news channel
for airing a report about alleged desertion in police force in
Pulwama district, a report which was vehemently denied by the
The case was registered against "Headlines Today" which
had aired a news item about desertion in police force
including senior officials in Pulwama district of South
The case has been booked under section 500 (defamation),
section 505 (2) (circulating rumour or alarming news aimed at
creating enmity) and 120-B (criminal conspiracy) of Indian
When contacted the channels executives in Delhi declined
to comment saying they would await full information on the
This is the second case registered against a private
television news channel by the Jammu and Kashmir police in
less than a month.
Earlier, a case was registered against NewsX for airing a
wrong news about death of a person in Pulwama district. This
led to a widespread arson in the area leading to injury of a
Deputy Superintendent of Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'