J&K police set up `Information booth` on highway
Jammu: Ahead of the annual Amarnath yatra, Jammu and Kashmir police have set up an information-cum-announcement booth on Jammu-Srinagar National highway in Ramban district for streamlining traffic, keeping vigilance and educating drivers about traffic rules.
"Police started an announcement booth at Bus Stand Ramban on the direction of higher quarters", said a senior police officer.
The motive of setting up this booth is to streamline traffic and make aware the drivers and passengers about the traffic rules including menace of overloading, rush, negligence and over-speeding, which could be fatal.
This step has been taken ahead of the commencement of annual Amarnath pilgrimage from June 28, 2013.
The drivers plying on all the link roads and highway from Ramban Bus Stand have particularly been briefed to adhere to traffic rule and regulations to reduce the rate of accidents, he said.
Moreover, shopkeepers and hawkers at the bus stand have also been advised through this police booth to inform police regarding any abandoned vehicles and goods in their area as a security measure, said the police officer.
The booth will function round the clock for the convenience of the people, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- US gives proof of Pakistan's hand in Pathankot strike
- 3rd ODI: After contributing with bat, Ben Stokes eager to bowl against Pakistan
- Foreigners should not wear skirts and roam alone at night: Tourism minister
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan spills glamour at Lakme Fashion Week 2016! – View pics
- Most Asian markets slump, Tokyo soars on US rate talk