J&K police set up `Information booth` on highway
Jammu: Ahead of the annual Amarnath yatra, Jammu and Kashmir police have set up an information-cum-announcement booth on Jammu-Srinagar National highway in Ramban district for streamlining traffic, keeping vigilance and educating drivers about traffic rules.
"Police started an announcement booth at Bus Stand Ramban on the direction of higher quarters", said a senior police officer.
The motive of setting up this booth is to streamline traffic and make aware the drivers and passengers about the traffic rules including menace of overloading, rush, negligence and over-speeding, which could be fatal.
This step has been taken ahead of the commencement of annual Amarnath pilgrimage from June 28, 2013.
The drivers plying on all the link roads and highway from Ramban Bus Stand have particularly been briefed to adhere to traffic rule and regulations to reduce the rate of accidents, he said.
Moreover, shopkeepers and hawkers at the bus stand have also been advised through this police booth to inform police regarding any abandoned vehicles and goods in their area as a security measure, said the police officer.
The booth will function round the clock for the convenience of the people, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...