J&K police starts interrogation of Hizbul militant
Jammu: Suspected Hizbul Mujahideen militant from Pakistan, Abdullah Inquilabi, who was arrested last month in Delhi, is being interrogated by Jammu and Kashmir police at
Joint Interrogation Centre in Rajouri district of the state.
After being handed over by Delhi police following his arrest, Abdullah`s sustained interrogation has began in the JIC at Rajouri, Senior Superintendent of Police Rajouri Ramesh Jhalla told a news agency.
We expect major breakthroughs in various cases and also about the whereabouts of top militant leaders, their hideouts and the weaponry dumped at different places, Jalla said,
adding besides, we will have a picture of over ground workers and militant sympathisers in the area.
Inquilabi was caught by Delhi Police`s Special Cell from Deer Park on November 14 soon after he alighted from a bus.
The self-styled divisional commander of Hizbul Mujahideen in Rajouri district is wanted in several cases of killings, abductions, extortion and attacks on security forces. He will
be tried in the district court in Rajouri.
Inquilabi hails from Muzaffarabad in PoK and has been staying in this country for the past 10 years.
"Initially he was chief of HM Pir Panchal Regiment which got wiped out recently and he took over as Hizbul Divisional Commander for Jammu province," IGP Jammu Ashok Gupta said.
Inquilabi had let loose resign of terror in Pir Panchal region and his area of operation was Budhal, Dharamshal, Kalakote, Shopian, Mahore, Gulabgarh and other parts of Reasi
district, he said.
He is suspected to be involved in several Hizbul operations in the country besides collection of funds for the terror outfit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Veerappan movie review: Brilliant camerawork engages you
- Green tea or black tea - Which is better in summer?
- Indian History gives way to Marx, Hitler in Tripura textbooks
- Delhi HC puts on hold JNU action against Umar, Anirban
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 2: GL vs SRH – 5 facts you must know ahead of virtual semi-final