J&K police tighten vigil at cyber cafes
Aizawl: Jammu and Kashmir police officials have briefed cyber cafe operators in the state and instructed them to keep a strict record of people who access their computer network.
“We have asked them to maintain a log in the local cyber cafes in order to keep a record of visitors. Their photographs, details, copy of their identity cards have to be submitted while access to their systems,” said Anand Jain, senior superintendent of police.
The move by the state police comes after the recent militant attacks in the country.
A powerful bomb, weighing two kg and hidden in a briefcase outside the main entrance of the High Court in New Delhi had killed 12 people on September 07.
As per media reports, so far the sleuths probing the case have detained five suspects for questioning and one of them is the owner of an Internet cafe and his close associates, from where the e-mail claiming responsibility for a bombing was transmitted.
The owner, his brother and an employee of the Global Cyber Cafe at Kishtwar in the state were taken in for questioning.
The authorities are probing the authenticity of an email claiming to be from the militant group Harkat-ul-Jihad Islami (HuJI) and sent from the Internet cafe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened