J&K police to purchase VDS for VIP security
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir police is all
set to purchase Vibration Detection System (VDS) to maintain
the security setup of VVIP and important installations in
Jammu and Kashmir.
The police has floated tenders recently to purchase
VDS for the security and safety of VVIP areas.
As per the details, police will purchase 7000 metres
of VDS to ensure security. VDS should be able to detect
intrusion attempts that try to "break-through" the wall or cut
and climb through the fence on site, the tender said.
The VDS should have no moving parts, which is a common
source of false alarms in most systems, it said, adding that
VDS should be electrical components based only.
The system should provide an alarm detection
resolution for not more than 5 minutes, the tender said,
adding "The VDS and sensitivity of each of its sensor should
be set through the computer using the system software to
adjust and suit new site conditions."
"The system communication should work both wired and
wireless independently and concurrently," it said.
The communication card should be flexible enough to
programme it with text messages that are received in the
Control Panel and Central Control System, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell