J&K Police to train girl students in self defence
Srinagar: As many as 1,000 girl students from various schools in the Valley will be trained in self defence as part of a programme launched by Jammu and Kashmir Police to instill confidence in them.
"In order to make girl students confident to face any challenge, self defence training would be imparted to them under the civic action programme of the state police," a police spokesman said here on Saturday.
In the first phase, 150 students are being trained under the programme, which commenced yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore