J&K Police to train girl students in self defence
Srinagar: As many as 1,000 girl students from various schools in the Valley will be trained in self defence as part of a programme launched by Jammu and Kashmir Police to instill confidence in them.
"In order to make girl students confident to face any challenge, self defence training would be imparted to them under the civic action programme of the state police," a police spokesman said here on Saturday.
In the first phase, 150 students are being trained under the programme, which commenced yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends