J&K Police to train girl students in self defence
Srinagar: As many as 1,000 girl students from various schools in the Valley will be trained in self defence as part of a programme launched by Jammu and Kashmir Police to instill confidence in them.
"In order to make girl students confident to face any challenge, self defence training would be imparted to them under the civic action programme of the state police," a police spokesman said here on Saturday.
In the first phase, 150 students are being trained under the programme, which commenced yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand