J&K police won national acclaim for peace: DGP
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Police have won national acclaim for its role in maintaining peace and security in the state, Director General of Police Ashok Prasad said on Monday.
Addressing a passing out parade of 11th batch of basic recruits at Subsidary Training Center at Talwara in Reasi district, the DGP said, "State police has won acclaim at the national level for performance in maintaining peace and security in J&K."
He advised the recruits that they should gain public trust and confidence by their deeds in the field. "Recruits should make public service their motto and should build image of the force in the state."
A policeman has a great responsibility to tackle different situations with his skills and doing selfless duty with dedication, honesty and impartiality, he said.
The DGP said basic training inculcated a spirit of patience among recruits, besides improving their capabilities.
"We have been upgrading all training institutions to introduce latest training courses and sharpen the skills of our personnel," he said.
The duties of a policeman have expanded, making it imperative to re-orient the training, Prasad said.
As many as 836 constables today passed out from STC.
The pass outs included 20 post-graduates and 209 graduates, besides 364 under-graduates.
Constable Umar Farooq, who was declared all-round best in the training, was granted out-of-turn promotion to the rank of Senior Grade Constable by the DGP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price