J&K police won national acclaim for peace: DGP
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Police have won national acclaim for its role in maintaining peace and security in the state, Director General of Police Ashok Prasad said on Monday.
Addressing a passing out parade of 11th batch of basic recruits at Subsidary Training Center at Talwara in Reasi district, the DGP said, "State police has won acclaim at the national level for performance in maintaining peace and security in J&K."
He advised the recruits that they should gain public trust and confidence by their deeds in the field. "Recruits should make public service their motto and should build image of the force in the state."
A policeman has a great responsibility to tackle different situations with his skills and doing selfless duty with dedication, honesty and impartiality, he said.
The DGP said basic training inculcated a spirit of patience among recruits, besides improving their capabilities.
"We have been upgrading all training institutions to introduce latest training courses and sharpen the skills of our personnel," he said.
The duties of a policeman have expanded, making it imperative to re-orient the training, Prasad said.
As many as 836 constables today passed out from STC.
The pass outs included 20 post-graduates and 209 graduates, besides 364 under-graduates.
Constable Umar Farooq, who was declared all-round best in the training, was granted out-of-turn promotion to the rank of Senior Grade Constable by the DGP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH