J&K police won national acclaim for peace: DGP
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Police have won national acclaim for its role in maintaining peace and security in the state, Director General of Police Ashok Prasad said on Monday.
Addressing a passing out parade of 11th batch of basic recruits at Subsidary Training Center at Talwara in Reasi district, the DGP said, "State police has won acclaim at the national level for performance in maintaining peace and security in J&K."
He advised the recruits that they should gain public trust and confidence by their deeds in the field. "Recruits should make public service their motto and should build image of the force in the state."
A policeman has a great responsibility to tackle different situations with his skills and doing selfless duty with dedication, honesty and impartiality, he said.
The DGP said basic training inculcated a spirit of patience among recruits, besides improving their capabilities.
"We have been upgrading all training institutions to introduce latest training courses and sharpen the skills of our personnel," he said.
The duties of a policeman have expanded, making it imperative to re-orient the training, Prasad said.
As many as 836 constables today passed out from STC.
The pass outs included 20 post-graduates and 209 graduates, besides 364 under-graduates.
Constable Umar Farooq, who was declared all-round best in the training, was granted out-of-turn promotion to the rank of Senior Grade Constable by the DGP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam