J&K: Policeman killed in encounter with militants
Srinagar: A policeman was killed in an encounter with militants in Sopore town of Baramulla district in north Kashmir on Friday, officials said.
An encounter broke out between militants and security forces in Chanakhan locality of Sopore town, 55 kms from here, this morning and in the ensuing gunbattle one policeman was killed, they said.
A senior official said the number of militants could be one or two and efforts were on to flush them out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP