J&K: Policeman killed in encounter with militants
Srinagar: A policeman was killed in an encounter with militants in Sopore town of Baramulla district in north Kashmir on Friday, officials said.
An encounter broke out between militants and security forces in Chanakhan locality of Sopore town, 55 kms from here, this morning and in the ensuing gunbattle one policeman was killed, they said.
A senior official said the number of militants could be one or two and efforts were on to flush them out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan