J&K: Policeman shot dead in Srinagar
Srinaga: Unidentified gunmen on Wednesday shot
dead a policeman at busy Batamaloo bus stand area in the city,
official sources said.
Head Constable Ghulam Mohammad was shot at from point
blank range outside the bus stand. He was rushed to a hospital
where he succumbed to his injuries, they said.
The incident created panic in the area, which is the main
entry point to the city from north Kashmir, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends