J&K Postal Dept’s unique way to connect with people
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Friday became the first state in the country to organise the `Post Master General (PMG) Walk` as part of the "people connect" programme of the Department of Posts.
Chief Post Master General John Samuel initiated the unique `PMG Walk` in the commercial areas of Lal Chowk and Residency Road here during which he along with a local postman and other officers of the department interacted with customers.
Samuel said such a move was aimed at informing people about various services the department is offering and to get "closer" to the customers.
"It is a people connect programme that we are organising today and if it begins in Kashmir, I am sure it will reverberate across the country and many states will follow.
It is the programme to inform people about what the Post Office is doing and to get closer to our customers," Samuel told reporters.
The effort is being undertaken to make the Post Office from "good to great."
"Our objective is to make Post Office from good to great and we are modernising our services. We are connecting people with the top management of the department. It is not people coming to post offices, but post offices going to people," he said.
The department is also roping in Kashmir University to train its staff on how to efficiently deal with customers.
He announced that a Post Office festival will be organised at the famous skiing resort of Gulmarg next month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security