J&K: Privilege motion against Mehbooba Mufti
Jammu: National Conference (NC) on Tuesday filed
a privilege motion against some members of PDP, including its
legislature party leader Mehbooba Mufti, for allegedly
misleading the House on issue of JKCA scam issue on March 12
during the Zero Hour.
The privilege motion moved by Saif-ullah Mir, Nazir Ahmed
Gurezi, T Namgyal, Sajad Ahmed Kitchloo and Chowdhry Mohammad
Ramzan against PDP members including Mehbooba Mufti, Abdul
Gaffar Sofi, Abdul Haq Khan, Syed Bashir Ahmed, Mansoor
Hussain and Javeed Mustafa Mir.
Speaker J and K Assembly Mohammad Akbar Lone directed
the assembly secretariat to issue a notice against some
members of PDP, including Mehbooba Mufti, on the issue and
sought their comments on the issue.
The Speaker, while quoting the contents of the motion.
said "take notice that we intend to move a motion of privilege
under Rule 238 and 239 of the Rules of procedure and conduct
of business in Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly against
the members mentioned in the annexure for having committed
contempt of this august House and breach of its privilege by
presenting documents in the House on 12-03-2012 during the
Zero Hour of its proceedings regarding Jammu and Kashmir
Cricket Association as well as its President and levelling
baseless and unfounded allegations with the intention
to mislead the august House and deceive its members."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read