J&K: Privilege motion against Mehbooba Mufti
Jammu: National Conference (NC) on Tuesday filed
a privilege motion against some members of PDP, including its
legislature party leader Mehbooba Mufti, for allegedly
misleading the House on issue of JKCA scam issue on March 12
during the Zero Hour.
The privilege motion moved by Saif-ullah Mir, Nazir Ahmed
Gurezi, T Namgyal, Sajad Ahmed Kitchloo and Chowdhry Mohammad
Ramzan against PDP members including Mehbooba Mufti, Abdul
Gaffar Sofi, Abdul Haq Khan, Syed Bashir Ahmed, Mansoor
Hussain and Javeed Mustafa Mir.
Speaker J and K Assembly Mohammad Akbar Lone directed
the assembly secretariat to issue a notice against some
members of PDP, including Mehbooba Mufti, on the issue and
sought their comments on the issue.
The Speaker, while quoting the contents of the motion.
said "take notice that we intend to move a motion of privilege
under Rule 238 and 239 of the Rules of procedure and conduct
of business in Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly against
the members mentioned in the annexure for having committed
contempt of this august House and breach of its privilege by
presenting documents in the House on 12-03-2012 during the
Zero Hour of its proceedings regarding Jammu and Kashmir
Cricket Association as well as its President and levelling
baseless and unfounded allegations with the intention
to mislead the august House and deceive its members."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues