J&K: Privilege motion against Mehbooba Mufti
Jammu: National Conference (NC) on Tuesday filed
a privilege motion against some members of PDP, including its
legislature party leader Mehbooba Mufti, for allegedly
misleading the House on issue of JKCA scam issue on March 12
during the Zero Hour.
The privilege motion moved by Saif-ullah Mir, Nazir Ahmed
Gurezi, T Namgyal, Sajad Ahmed Kitchloo and Chowdhry Mohammad
Ramzan against PDP members including Mehbooba Mufti, Abdul
Gaffar Sofi, Abdul Haq Khan, Syed Bashir Ahmed, Mansoor
Hussain and Javeed Mustafa Mir.
Speaker J and K Assembly Mohammad Akbar Lone directed
the assembly secretariat to issue a notice against some
members of PDP, including Mehbooba Mufti, on the issue and
sought their comments on the issue.
The Speaker, while quoting the contents of the motion.
said "take notice that we intend to move a motion of privilege
under Rule 238 and 239 of the Rules of procedure and conduct
of business in Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly against
the members mentioned in the annexure for having committed
contempt of this august House and breach of its privilege by
presenting documents in the House on 12-03-2012 during the
Zero Hour of its proceedings regarding Jammu and Kashmir
Cricket Association as well as its President and levelling
baseless and unfounded allegations with the intention
to mislead the august House and deceive its members."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez